Sunday, November 29, 2015

WEDIN Day 29: Book Haul

Normally a haul is a type of video that youtubers make, but I'm going to do it in a written form. I've recently bought many books and I'm going to write a little about each one.

I got these two off Amazon on November 23rd:

All I Know Now: Wonderings and Advice on Making Friends, Making Mistakes, Falling In (and Out of) Love, and Other Adventures in Growing Up Hopefully by Carrie Hope Fletcher
I haven't read this book yet, but I'm very excited to. Carrie is one of my favorite youtubers and I love the way she speaks and gives advice. This book is Carries blog turned into a book. She writes about advice for teenagers and how handled her problems when she was a teenager. She is currently writing a fiction novel that I'm insanely excited for!!

Username: Evie by Joe Sugg
This is a graphic novel by another youtuber that I really like. I've only read about two graphic novels in my life before this. I was never big on comic books as a kid, but I think that's mainly because they weren't around me that much. I'd like to read more of these in the future. I read this the day it arrived and I did enjoy it. I'm not used to reading books like this so it was a very different experience. I think I personally would have enjoyed it more if it were an actual book because that's what I'm used to. I want to reread it trying to absorb more of the book. Hopefully that second read can make me like it more. The story was good and I hope there's a sequel. 

I got these next three at Barnes & Noble on Black Friday (November 27th):

Girl Online: On Tour by Zoe Sugg *(Some spoilers on the book in this review)*

I started this book on Friday, the same day I got it, and finished it yesterday. This post was originally going to be a review on it, but I decided to change it to this. Zoe is also a youtuber (as you can see there was a theme when I bought these) and she is Joe's (the author from above) sister. This is the sequel to Zoe's first novel, Girl Online. I absolutely loved the first book. I did enjoy this one as well, but I felt like it was slightly more boring. This book definitely had interesting bits, but I would have liked to see the friendship between Leah and Penny develop more. Also, I think I was slightly bored by the fact that all that kept happening was Noah screwing up and Penny being sad. Maybe if the book had been longer, like adding more detail to the planning of Elliot's surprise, and more on what happened after Noah and Penny made up, I would have enjoyed it more. Adding more to the end would have made the book more balanced (a balance between Noah's screw-ups and the make up time). This does seem very critical but I still think the book was amazing and I can't wait for whatever Zoe writes next. Zoe is still one of my favorite authors- her books never fail to impress.
Side Note: I got the signed copy of this book! I was so glad I was able to find it!

                                             
I did a book review on this two days so I won't write too much. You can read that here. I read this entire book the day I got it. I also read it while listening to the audiobook. So I guess I just listened to them read it me instead of reading it myself. The audiobook is a little over 4 hours long and I didn't take any breaks. I loved the book and think it was amazing. I love Dan and Phil so much and I think this book is the perfect representation of the world they have created. 
Side Note: This was also a signed copy!


This was an unplanned purchase. I was roaming around Barnes & Noble and stumbled across this!. It was 50% off!! I have loved the Percy Jackson series since I was in 5th grade and I still think it's amazing. This book is absolutely massive and insanely heavy. I haven't read it yet, but I'm so excited to because I love Rick Riordan's writing. I won't have much time to read this because it's not exactly something I can take to school. I'll find someway to read it.


Well this is a really long post. I'm pretty sure it's mainly because of the amount of pictures, but it's still longer than normal. That was actually more fun than I expected it to be. I love getting new books because it's so exciting, so it was nice to tell "someone" about it.

WEDIN is almost over! That went by pretty fast. The first time I got writer's block and had no clue what to write, I got anxious about finishing the rest of the month. Now I'm almost there and I think I did pretty well. (I have no clue what tomorrow's post will be.) Once this ends, I'm going to continue to write, but not as often. I'll most likely write about the events I go to and the occasional reviews thrown in there. I want to do another haul...maybe a Christmas one? I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment