Wednesday, November 25, 2015

WEDIN Day 25: Camping

For as long as I can remember my family has gone camping during summer break. Instead of traveling to other countries, we camp. It's not just us, of course. It's usually about 20 people in one camp site (although there's technically only 8 people allowed per camp site) and it's always tons of fun.

I'm someone that uses the internet every single day and the first thing I do when I'm bored is check my phone, but for some reason whenever I'm camping all that goes away. I don't really care about what's happening on Twitter or all the YouTube videos I'm going to have to catch up on.  It's actually really nice. It doesn't last though. As soon as we're in the car on the way back home, I'm checking everything again. I just find it so relaxing and it's always fun to spend a weekend with the people closest to me.

I've also brought my friend Angie along multiple times. When she's there it's even more fun. We get to spend hours on the beach playing random game and being in the water (if the waves don't look deadly and the water isn't -1000 degrees). She's the only friend I feel close enough to, to bring along. Also, she speaks Spanish so she isn't very left out when everyone is talking. She's come along so many times that everyone from the usual group knows who she is and it's like she's part of it.

We mostly go to Leo Carillo in Malibu and Sequoia National Park for camping. We try to go once a month, so about 3 times a summer. We usually go twice to Leo Carillo.. My favorite part of Leo Carillo is the beach. I've been so many times that I know it all by heart, and it never gets old. The water is usually freezing, but I still end up going in.  We don't go to Sequoia every year because it's about 6 hours away. When we do get to go it's always amazing. I can never get over how beautiful the trees and landscape are. It also has the best stars that I've ever seen; they're absolutely stunning. We've been to other places as well but those two are the most repeated.

I know that I'm going to enjoy camping my entire life and when I gt older I'd love to go with my own kids. It feels like a vacation very far away from home and it's only just a couple hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment