Friday, November 13, 2015

WEDIN Day 13: Feelings

Today some terrible things happened in many countries around the world, but the one that was most noticed was the attack in Paris. The attacks left me feeling very emotional and because that's all I can think about now, I decided to write about it.

When I first heard the news, I had no idea it was as big as it turned out to be. I was of course as ashamed and saddened as I am with every terrorist attack, but a lot more was going to come. As the hours went by and more information was discovered, I felt so shocked I really had no idea how to feel. I am a very emotional person and this was a struggle. I got to a point where I was on the verge of tears, feeling anxious, scared, and mad. This mix of emotions was very hard to process.

Even now, I'm not completely over all those feelings. The anger has definitely not left, but I don't think it will. With every ISIS attack I become more and more frustrated at the cruelty of the world. And, of course, I'm still very saddened. I can't imagine what the families are Paris were and are feeling. On Twitter I saw so many people trying to find information on their family members and it left me feeling very hollow. It gives me chills thinking about how desperate everyone must have felt.

The only person from France that I known is my French teacher, but I don't know if she has any family in Paris. And although I didn't know anyone there, I felt as if I did. I felt so affected by this attack and I think that's where my emotional part comes out. I empathize so much with other people that I'm constantly emotional, especially in times like this.

I think I'm going to stop here. I don't think I wrote very much but my brain is very frazzled. And it's not very late, but I will be going to sleep because I feel so tired. Hopefully, tomorrow can be a more positive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment