Sunday, November 1, 2015

WEDIN Day 1: Halloween Weekend

A small note before I begin: WEDIN stands for Write Every Day in November ( I know "everyday" isn't two words but oh well) and I made it up just because I like acronyms. 

Around the beginning of October, my friend Angie and I began discussing Halloween costumes. We both had no ideas and knew that we wanted to do something unlike what we had done before. Also, because Angie recently moved about 40 minutes away, it had been a very long time since we had seen each other. We eventually decided that we would both be dark fairies and that we would spend the entire Halloween weekend together.

On Friday, Angie picked me up from school and went straight to my house to get ready for the dance that night. We goofed off and talked for about 2 hours. And then, it was time to get ready. Angie had bought the wings for our costume and I am so in love with how great they looked. They were perfect for our costume.
Our fairy wings


We did our makeup and got dressed and went back to school. We spent the night doing our random "dances" and it was the best night in a long time. When we got home we were both slightly tired and so we changed straight into out PJs and got in bed.

Saturday morning, we woke up around 10:30 and stayed in bed for at least an hour.  IT WAS FINALLY HALLOWEEN!! We were going to be home alone until 5, so it was going to be definitely be a fun day. Every time Angie comes over we spend around 15 minutes deciding on breakfast before picking something like cereal (EVERY TIME). I really wanted to break this tradition so I found some pancake mix and we made some amazing chocolate chip pancakes. We each ate about 3, which left us feeling very, very full. After eating we decided to watch Gone Girl, because I had read the book but not seen the movie. It was very long, but a very good adaptation of the book. It was about 4 when we finished the movie and we both realized we hadn't had any food since breakfast. We still weren't very hungry, but we made some chicken pasta just to eat something. When my parents and brother arrived, we began getting ready. We did go trick or treating for about 2 hours, but this year seemed to very empty and not as great as the previous years. We also opted out of the haunted house, because it was a repeated theme, and one that we both disliked the first time we saw it. Although Halloween wasn't as great as we had hoped, we still had candy and Friday had been loads of fun.

Today, I got up around 9 and Angie around 10. We showered, finally removing the temporary color from our hair (that had been there since Friday). I was still in a baking mood, so I made some blueberry muffins for breakfast. While eating we watched Mockingjay: Part 1, because it was only movie of the trilogy that we hadn't seen together. Angie left around 2 and since then I've been procrastinating on doing all my homework, including this.

This weekend was amazing and has left me feeling very happy. I can't wait to see Angie again and for the rest of the holidays. :)
Our costumes

Don't really know what happened here, but it's very much something we would do




No comments:

Post a Comment