Monday, November 9, 2015

WEDIN Day 9: Stress

Stress is an old friend. It shows up quite often, but it is especially worst on days like today - days when I have a project or test the next day (or in today's case - both.) And when it's the day of the test or time to turn in the project, that's when stress and nerves take over completely.

I'm very self conscious about the work I do so when I have to turn in a project and I always find flaws in mine compared to everyone else's. I've always been this way and I don't really know why. I could have an amazing project (not saying that I make great projects, but it's an example) but as soon as I see another person's I instantly think that mine is horrible in comparison.  I know this will happen tomorrow. I'm already feeling it now. I haven't seen anyone's project, but I already feel like it'll be better. I should also mention that I really do like the project I've made. I just know that tomorrow, for some very frustrating reason, won't feel the same way about it.

Now on to tests. I have to say that I'm a pretty good test taker. I usually do well on tests, but hours before I take it, I become a bundle of nerves. I'm terrified that I'll fail it and that I will forget everything as soon as it starts. It also doesn't help that many of the people who took the same test today have gotten very low scores. I feel confident in the material that I will be tested on but I'm still very panicked. I just want to to get it over with.

I didn't have much time to study for the test because of the previously mentioned project, so my nerves are very high.

I think stress is something very common in high school teens because we're aware of the fact that everything we do could affect our grade. A grade that some college or university is watching. I think that having that in the back of our heads is a lot of pressure. I'm scared to have my grades drop below a 90% because of the impact it could have. This definitely adds stress to all the projects, tests, and quizzes that I take. I wish college didn't seem do scary.

Wednesday is a holiday, but I don't know how relaxed I'll be because I have another test on Thursday. And that test is waay scarier than tomorrow's.

That's all I have for today. Tomorrow is my dad's birthday which will be fun. :) I hope everything goes well tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment